Worcester Lodge - A Short Visit
Meet at Worcester Lodge
Hawkesbury Local History Society: Worcester Lodge, a short visit with Hilary Peters.
Worcester Lodge was begun by the architect William Kent in 1746 and finished after his death in April 1748 by Stephen Wright. It was Kent's last great park building, surpassed by none. The great room so full of light as to seemingly float over the parkscape, its ceiling a marvel of Kentian complexity. This triumphal entry is set back from the Tetbury road, flanked by Wright's quadrant wings and pavilions.
PLEASE NOTE THAT NUMBERS ARE LIMITED
PLEASE CONTACT NEIL FOZARD (firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. 01454 238281) to confirm attendance