Welcome to MySodbury, the online guide to what's on in the area, and who makes it happen!
This month on MySodbury there's a chance to win one of three copies of "A Job With Bite".
Join the MySodbury grapevine and be among the first to find out what's coming up!
See more events.
This Easter, Circadian Trust, the charitable organisation that operates 7 Active Centres across South Gloucestershire, is donating Easter Eggs to fellow local charities and foodbanks.
Potential new members to the leisure centres across South Gloucestershire (including; Bradley Stoke, Kingswood, Longwell Green, Thornbury and Yate Leisure Centres), have been encouraged to donate an Easter Egg in return for a reduced joining fee to the leisure centres.
The centres raised 139 eggs and the ‘Donate an Easter Egg’ campaign delivered these to local charities including North Bristol foodbank, Resound, The Juice Community Project, Thornbury Baptist Church foodbank and Yate and Chipping Sodbury foodbank in time for the Easter weekend.
This summer Thornbury United Reformed Church is hosting a new Memory Cafe for people with dementia and their carers from local and wider areas. It will complement the existing cafe that meets fortnightly in the Methodist Church, opening in the alternate weeks.
They are holding the first Information & Training morning for potential volunteers on Friday 19th May, and the Launch will be on Friday 23rd June, with regular opening from Friday 7th July.
Don't be a fool this April - follow the advice of Chipping Sodbury's Moda House and enjoy the sights and tastes of spring in our lovely local surroundings, with lovely long walks to work off the chocolate eggs...
Latest news from the Gazette:
• Incredible £4,000 raised by pupil-run event at Winterbourne school for air ambulance charity
• GAZETTE COMMENT: Election saturation and the fear of vote apathy
• Deliberate arson attack in South Gloucestershire leaves car unidentifiable
• 'True inspiration' South Gloucestershire 15-year-old presented with award by Avon and Somerset PCC Sue Mountstevens
• Jailed cannabis grower from South Gloucestershire charged with £30,000 confiscation order by court
Latest items from BBC News:
• General election 2017: Labour wants four new bank holidays
• General election 2017: UKIP manifesto to pledge a burka ban
• France prepares to vote for new president amid high security
• Arthur Collins arrested over London nightclub 'acid attack'
• Mazar-e Sharif attack: Afghanistan mourns deadly Taliban assault