Permanent, South Gloucestershire
Family Law Solicitor is required by a passionate & driven niche Family Law Firm based in South Gloucestershire.
You will be a Family Law Solicitor who is Newly Qualified or above. This is an exciting opportunity for a Family Law Solicitor looking for personal and career development opportunities in a modern & dynamic Firm. Training given if newly qualified.
The Role & Responsibilities:
• The successful Family Law solicitor will demonstrate an expertise in dealing with Family matters, including:
o Children matters
o Financial matters
• Able to manage your own case load and work with a degree of independence.
• A knowledge of Employment law and Litigation would be advantageous.
Required Skills & Experience:
• Strong IT skills and experience working with a case management system.
• Have knowledge of Solicitors Accounting Regulations.
• Be a team player.
• The ability to support and work with a friendly small team in a niche high street Solicitors office.
• Able to build and maintain good rapport with clients, as well as provide clear & accurate advice.
• Location: South Gloucestershire
• Salary range: Dependent upon PQE
• Job type: Permanent
• Experience: NQ & above
• Job Section: Private Practice
• Working Hours: Full Time or Part Time considered
Contact Lynn Bevan at Bevan Evemy Solicitors by phone, or E mail your CV below.
Bevan Evemy Solicitors, 55 Broad Street, Chipping Sodbury BS37 6AD
Tel: 01454 800457
Permanent, Part time (0.45 FTE)
We have two opportunities for new colleagues to join our Woodleaze team. Woodleaze is a unique and exciting 24-hour high support 18-bed accommodation service for young people in South Glos. Woodleaze is a modern, young person co-designed project with numerous facilities for young people including a common room, a training kitchen, and a huge garden.
If you have a desire to support young people & develop support and housing management experience, we want to hear from you. We are passionate about what we do, and we work hard to make a positive change to young people’s lives. Join us and be a part of this amazing effort to end youth homelessness!
We are particularly keen to increase applications from ethnic minorities, Muslim and male candidates as they are currently under-represented in our organisation. We would also like applications from people with relevant lived experience.
If you have transferrable skills and you are interested in this role, but you are worried about the application process, please get in touch with us. We encourage you to have an informal chat with the recruiting manager to discuss how your personal or professional experience and skills could be transferred to this role. Details of how you can do that are at the end of this advert.
Please find full details of how to apply via our website in the advert below. The deadline for application submissions is 23:59, Thursday 03 February 2022.
We are a leading youth homelessness charity based in the Southwest, working with over 1,500 young people. We have strong local partnerships and adhere to the best practice in the sector. We build trusting relationships between our young people and our colleagues, and this is at the core of our work.
What we are looking for:
• You engage young people with confidence and passion. You love being around them and working with them.
• You are empathetic and you truly understand the complex needs of young people.
• You are an enthusiastic team player, willing to get stuck in, be it running an activity or helping clean a room.
• You are able to work weekends.
What you will be doing:
• By having a flexible approach to support and by being creative, you will facilitate lots of varied positive engagement over weekends.
• By being well organised, efficient, and effective you will help our Project Workers with support and a whole host of housing management tasks, including promoting and facilitating a positive rent culture.
• By being attentive and conscientious about the environment in which you work and in which our young people live, you will make sure that the communal areas of the hostel are clean and that any maintenance issues affecting the health and safety of the building are promptly reported.
• By being vigilant and responsible, you will ensure the security of the building when on shift.
• Using your problem-solving skills, you will manage challenging behaviour within the project when it happens.
You will be in the Woodleaze team, and your line manager will be our Woodleaze Senior Project Worker.
What we are offering:
• 30 days’ holiday, plus bank holidays or a day in lieu if working a Bank Holiday (pro rata)
• Never a dull day, in a busy but rewarding environment.
• Scope to be creative in the delivery of meaningful activity for young people.
• An opportunity to work in a Psychologically Informed Environment.
• A friendly and welcoming team and organisation
• Hours per week: 18 hours per week (this represents 0.45 FTE)
• Contract type: Permanent
• Pay: £18,933 – £20,092 per annum (pro rata based on 0.45 FTE)
• The location: You will be based in Woodleaze in Yate, within walking distance of the train station with excellent links to central Bristol.
• Application deadline closes: 23:59, Thursday 03 February.
• If you have not heard from us by 17:00 on Friday 04 February, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
• Interviews are on 07 and 08 February 2021 at Woodleaze.
• To access the Job Pack for this role and submit an application, please visit the vacancy page on our website by clicking the link below
• To have an informal chat about the role, please contact email@example.com
• If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Covering Letter/Supporting Statement Guidance:
Please note that the online application form cannot be saved until it is fully complete. We recommend that you prepare your Covering Letter before you start the online application.
Your Covering Letter is essentially your Supporting Statement and will form the most important basis on which your skills, experience and behavioural competencies will be tested against the job criteria. Without it, your application cannot progress to the shortlisting stage.
You should refer to the Person Specification document within the Job Pack and cover only the elements that are tested at this stage of the recruitment process. Elements that only have the word ‘interview’ next to them will be tested at the next stage of the process and do not need to be covered in your letter.
Please try to keep the word limit to 250 words per criterion.
ALTHOUGH THE APPLICATION FORM GIVES YOU THE OPTION TO UPLOAD A CV, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT A CV AS THIS IS NOT NECESSARY AND WILL NOT BE USED IN THIS PROCESS.
Equal opportunities for everyone:
We safeguard and promote the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Any job offer will depend on a satisfactory DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Barred List Disclosure Check.
We believe those with a criminal record should have an equal chance to become employees or volunteers. We also pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer for everyone regardless of age, disability, gender identity, race, religion and beliefs, sex and sexual orientation. We are particularly keen to increase applications from Black and Minority Ethnic groups as they are currently under-represented.
Please see our Policies section on the website, for further information.
If you need an adjustment to be made to any part of the recruitment process, please let us know as soon as possible.
58-59 Old Market Street, Bristol BS2 0ER
Tel: 0117 317 8800