Would you like to work for Active? Our staff are our most important asset. We always aim to recruit high quality personnel who are trained in their field of expertise, and are eager to work towards obtaining further training and qualifications, through continual professional development.
If you're customer-friendly, enjoy working as part of a team, and have a passion for the industry, a career with us could be the right step for you. Click below to contact us about current vacancies.
Aristocats is located just off the A38 near Dobbies Garden Centre. We specialise in the care of timid cats and kittens and cats with long and short term health issues.
We are looking for a hard-working, compassionate person to assist our team in caring for our guests. The shifts will be from 8:30 - 11 am, 3 mornings per week. This would suit someone studying animal care or someone who is physically fit and has a genuine love of animals. Salary is dependant on age and experience.
Please email your CV and a covering letter if this position appeals to you. Closing date: 24 May 2022.
The Bungalow, Cutts Heath GL12 8PX
Tel: 01454 260018
We have started the exciting task of recruiting staff to work in the brand-new Marco Pierre White inspired restaurant here at The Gables Hotel. The plan is for Marco’s New York Italian to start welcoming customers in the summer.
With work having started to transform the hotel’s existing restaurant and bar area, the management team has now begun to find the best staff that that will make diners and drinkers’ experience second-to-none while helping to boost local employment.
If you would like to find out more, come along to our Recruitment Open Day on Friday 20th May between 1pm and 6pm. This will be a fun interactive open day where you can find out more about the roles we are recruiting for and apply for the positions.
Those who put themselves forward and are chosen will then be put through a rigorous training programme that will see them brought up to speed on the exacting standards required by the gastronomic great.
Bristol Road, Falfield GL12 8DL
Tel: 01454 260502
Part time / Permanent
We have an opportunity for a new colleague to join our Woodleaze team; Woodleaze is a new and exciting 24-hour high support 18-bed accommodation service for young people in Yate.
The Senior Reception Support Worker is the first contact that many people will have with Woodleaze, so this is a key role in providing a welcoming, supportive, and effective service.
We are passionate about what we do, and we work hard to make a positive change to young people’s lives. Join us and be a part of this amazing effort to end youth homelessness!
We are particularly keen to increase applications from ethnic minorities, Muslim and male candidates as they are currently under-represented in our organisation. We would also like applications from people with relevant lived experience.
Please find full details of how to apply via our website in the advert below. The deadline for application submissions is 09:00am Monday 13 June 2022. If you need an adjustment to be made to any part of the recruitment process, please let us know as soon as possible.
We are a leading youth homelessness charity based in the Southwest, working with over 1,500 young people. We have strong local partnerships and adhere to the best practice in the sector. We build trusting relationships between our young people and our colleagues, and this is at the core of our work.
What we are looking for:
* You engage young people with confidence and passion. You love being around them and working with them.
* You can line manage others with confidence; you can coach and support them with passion.
* You are super-organised and efficient, with great attention to detail; you can develop efficient systems and processes.
* You thrive when working under pressure, juggling tasks whilst remaining positive and focussed.
* You have a good grasp of what it means to work in a confidential manner, and you do this sensitively and discreetly.
If you have transferrable skills and you are interested in this role, but you are worried about the application process, please get in touch with the recruiting manager. We encourage you to have an informal chat with the recruiting manager to discuss how your personal or professional experience and skills could be transferred to this role. Details of how you can do that are in this advert.
What you will be doing:
* By being well organised, efficient and effective you will help the project workers, and manager with support and a whole host of housing management tasks.
* Through joint working with colleagues in other teams, you will facilitate a welcoming, professional and efficient reception service.
* By being attentive and conscientious about the environment in which you work and in which our young people live, you will make sure that the communal areas of the hostel are clean and that any maintenance issues affecting the health and safety of the building are promptly reported.
* By being vigilant and responsible, you will ensure the security of the building when on shift.
* By being well organised, efficient and effective, you will develop efficient recording systems and processes, ensure accurate and timely record keeping.
You will be in the Woodleaze team and your line manager will be our Woodleaze Manager.
What we are offering:
* Never a dull day, in a busy but rewarding environment.
* An opportunity to gain skills in line management, coaching and mentoring.
* 30 days holiday or a day in lieu if working a bank holiday (pro rata for part time).
* A friendly and welcoming team and organisation.
* Regular supervision, yearly Personal Development Review and a listening/learning environment.
* Hours per week: 25.5 hours per week (this represents 0.633 FTE)
* Contract type: Permanent
* Pay: £21,695 - £23,023 per annum (pro rata based on 0.633 FTE)
* The location: You will be based in Woodleaze in Yate, within walking distance of the train station with excellent links to central Bristol.
* To access the Job Pack for this role and submit an application, please visit the vacancy page on our website via the link below.
* Please refer to the Cover Letter guidance below to ensure your application can progress to the shortlisting stage.
* To have an informal chat about the role, please contact email@example.com
* If you have any queries, please email via the link below
* Application deadline closes: 09:00am, Monday 13 June 2022.
* If you have not heard from us by Wednesday 15 June 2022, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
* Interviews are on Wednesday 22 and Thursday 23 June.
Covering Letter/Supporting Statement Guidance
Please note that the online application form cannot be saved until it is fully complete. We recommend that you prepare your Covering Letter before you start the online application.
Your Covering Letter is essentially your Supporting Statement and will form the most important basis on which your skills, experience and behavioural competencies will be tested against the job criteria. Without it, your application cannot progress to the shortlisting stage.
You should refer to the Person Specification document within the Job Pack and cover only the elements that are tested at this stage of the recruitment process. Elements that only have the word ‘interview’ next to them will be tested at the next stage of the process and do not need to be covered in your letter.
Please try to keep the word limit to 250 words per criterion.
ALTHOUGH THE APPLICATION FORM GIVES YOU THE OPTION TO UPLOAD A CV, PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT A CV AS THIS IS NOT NECESSARY AND WILL NOT BE USED IN THIS PROCESS.
Equal opportunities for everyone:
We safeguard and promote the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Any job offer will depend on a satisfactory DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) Barred List Disclosure Check.
We believe those with a criminal record should have an equal chance to become employees or volunteers. We also pride ourselves on being an equal opportunities employer for everyone regardless of age, disability, gender identity, race, religion and beliefs, sex and sexual orientation.
Please see our Policies section on the website, for further information.
58-59 Old Market Street, Bristol BS2 0ER
Tel: 0117 317 8800
Full Time, Permanent
Are you looking for an interesting career with training and progression in the water hygiene sector?
Dantek is searching for a talented field service technician to join our team, working to prevent Legionnaires' disease. This varied role offers career progression and technical training from a company with a great reputation in the legionella control industry.
The ideal candidate will have experience of site-based work, together with good practical skills, ideally some plumbing knowledge and a great attitude to customer service.
The work is varied and the environment changes daily, making this a challenging and interesting role.
The work is site-based throughout the South West and South Wales with some nationwide contracts.
The role will be based and managed by our experienced team at our office in Thornbury.
To join the team you will need:
The job role will include:
Dantek is a highly experienced water treatment and legionella control company, who prevent the harmful effects of water in buildings . With more than 22 years of success behind us, we are committed to providing exceptional water hygiene and water treatment solutions and supporting our customers to comply with ACoP L8 and HSG274 legislation.
Closing date: 10/06/2022
Unit B3 Ashville Park, Thornbury BS35 3UU
Tel: 01454 417920