Welcome to MySodbury, the online guide to what's on in the area, and who makes it happen!
This month on MySodbury there's a chance to win tickets to Sodbury Vale Musical Comedy Club's Calamity Jane, plus you could win Active Lifestyle gym gear.
Join the MySodbury grapevine and be among the first to find out what's coming up!
See more events.
Chipping Sodbury man Steve Walker is well on his way to achieving his pledge to Macmillan Cancer Support to raise £2500 in memory of his dear friend Pip who passed away just before Christmas 2017 following a 2-year battle with bowel cancer.
Having already raised £3000 in 2017 for Cancer Research Steve and his wife Cathy are undertaking several new challenges to raise further money. Inspired by Pip’s husband Phill and her sister Georgie, who ran in the London Marathon last year, Steve has committed to running the event this year as part of his fundraising activity.
If you would like to offer your support for Steve and Cathy who have raised £1430 so far visit their Just Giving page below.
At Chipping Sodbury's Moda House, the rooms are warm and cosy, and the marmalade’s been lovingly made... so follow their poetic wisdom and use Mother's Day or Easter as a great excuse for a celebratory break in Chipping Sodbury. Click below for more...
‘South Gloucestershire Spring Clean’ leaps into action again in 2018 and is the perfect opportunity for everyone to help keep towns, villages, streets, woodlands or green spaces free from litter.
The Council has extended the campaign for 2018 to allow more individuals and groups to join in. This year's Spring Clean will take place from 13 February to 14 May. Do come along and help clean up your local area this spring by organising or taking part in a litter pick.
Please book equipment required as far in advance as possible as numbers are limited. Click below to find out more. Let’s all help make South Gloucestershire a better and cleaner place to live and work!
Latest news from the Gazette:
• South Gloucestershire cheapest place to live in West of England, research shows
• Chipping Sodbury Mop Fair set to take over the town this weekend
• Badminton nursery receives award for good first aid practice
• Yate mum takes cystic fibrosis drug campaign to Parliament
• Princess is chosen for Chipping Sodbury Festival 2018
Latest items from BBC News:
• Cambridge Analytica: Facebook data row academic says he is 'scapegoat'
• NHS pay: Increase for 1.3 million staff expected
• Fatal Red Arrows RAF Valley jet crash inquiry continues
• Ocean plastic could treble in decade
• How big is the gender pay gap where you work?